Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Help Wanted: Game ideas



So last week when the new Xbox 360 UI debuted, a feature I forgot to mention also debuted: XNA Community Games. These are games created by smaller developers (from teams of 2 - 20 people) with tools available from Microsoft, and sold on the Xbox marketplace. One of my dreams has been to take my passion for video games and translate that into a game I helped create. I've been taking some time (about the past 6 months) learning C# and the XNA framework, and have a pretty good understanding of how to code (program) games now. My brother is really good at Adobe products and has also been learning 3Ds Max (a 3d modeling program) and other graphic programs to do art/assets for the game. Our only problem, and this is where you can help, is we need an idea for the game.

What would you like to see in a game? What did you really like about some of the games you played? Any ideas would be appreciated and of course credit would be given. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about a modern version of Galaga for the iphone?

They still have this game at blackbeards and its the MAC!

Brandon said...

@Mike_Q: I'm actually developing for the Xbox 360 or Zune. But I totally agree about Galaga! You make me want to go dust off the NES and play some!