Tuesday, November 11, 2008

If all dogs go to heaven... its okay then right?


So I've been out of the blogosphere again lately (I'll write a post soon explaining why), mostly because my kiddo has been sick. As a result of his illness, there have been many nights that either myself, my wife, or both of us have been up tending to our feverish, oozing, child. After three and a half weeks of his ailment, we were glad that he was feeling better (and not waking up in the middle of the night covered in poo), and we excited at the prospect of a full night's rest. We were so tired both my wife and I nodded off a couple of times during Heroes last night, so you know we were tired! We went to bed at a modest time, around 11:30 and gently drifted off to slumberville. Not 20 minutes go by and we hear this subdued whining. Like trained dogs, both my wife and I pop off of our pillows and she goes to check on the kiddo to make sure he's not sick again (it kept coming and going). She comes back a few seconds later and tells me K's asleep still. Then WTF is that sound? Turns out it was our neighbor's dog. We've had problems in the past with the dog being let out in the middle of the night, presumably to do her business, and then barking to be let back in (at 4 am!), but at the time we had Zoe who was equally annoying and were hesitant to say anything for fear of looking like hypocrites. Well Zoe is gone now and this crap went on ALL NIGHT!!!!! Like clockwork every 20 minutes there was whining, loud sniffing, and what sounded like the dog trying to break down the door to get in. Needless to say neither of us got any rest last night and we now officially hate that dog. Eff the SPCA!!! That bitch is going down!

I'm off to light a bag of dog doo doo and put it on their doorstep.

0 comments: