Thursday, February 12, 2009

My tepid coffee to become more tepid---er



Rumor has it, over the next year several Starbucks in Fresno will be closing down. And several of them happen to be the ones I frequent the most. When we bought our house, we had a checklist of things we wanted: a nice area, good schools, and easy access to Starbucks: check, check, and check. If and when the proposed Starbucks closures happen I may have to...*gasp*... give up my morning fix, as the one remaining on the way to work will now be packed and is not in a very convenient shopping center. I know whine whine whine, but other than me being grumpy until noon, you have to think about the other ramifications: even though Starbucks seems a bit over saturated in some areas, they still provide jobs to people, particularly college students. The benefits and perks of working there were great, as well as having it on your résumé coming in to your next job (you'd be surprised how stuck on that one fact interviews get).

Below is a map of the proposed "siren slaughter" in my area, lets hope its just a rumor.


2 comments:

christyzee said...

I have to confess, I've never had a cup of starbucks coffee. Where I live the closest store is over 30 miles away. maybe someday?
blessings...

Natali said...

I am sad :-(