Friday, February 6, 2009

A point of contention [QotD]


I find myself constantly having to defend my stance on this position. I try to be open-minded of other people's points-of-view and take the time to hear their side of the argument, but on this one point I have stalwart conviction: Twizzlers are far better than Red Vines. Like most arguments these days I have no good facts or evidence to back up this claim, I just know it.

But which do you prefer? Write a comment to defend your candy of choice.*



*Please note: any comments indicating you prefer Red Vines will be either edited or completely deleted (of course I'm kidding, buy you are wrong)

5 comments:

Mrs. V!! said...

I love that you use great words like stalwart.

I of course prefer twizzlers; they seem to have more fruit to their flavor whereas red vines are just chewy sugar, no actual flavor. (just my 2 cents)

Jonathan Maher said...

It really matters how old they are. I don't know what it is about the chemical composition of Red Vines, but they become drastically less enjoyable as they age. Twizzlers seem to manage to always taste the same.

So, I would choose fresh (and therefore chewy and amazing!) Red Vines over Twizzlers.

But, after a few weeks of aging, count me in for Twizzlers.

RenderingRisch said...

I do not feel compelled to argue this with you any further. Despite the various aspects we've discussed concerning the texture, taste, after taste, residue, and other such nonsense of twizzlers all that's left is merely this one and oh so important point; "YOUR WRONG!!!"

dayna said...

twizzlers just feel wrong. the texture is awful and they taste gross. it will always be red vines for me.

Jen said...

Twizzlers all the way. Red vines have a really odd texture that reminds me of sandpaper. No thanks!