Friday, January 30, 2009

Seriously?... How to Grind? [WTF?]

For those of you who couldn't care less about me whining about my broken toy, I will share this little bit of joy with you. On my iGoogle homepage I have several little boxes that I don't really pay much attention to very often, but are there in case I get really bored. Case-in-point: the How to of the day, which displays the title of three "How-To" articles the change everyday.


The other day I went to search for something and out of the corner of my eye I caught the title "How to grind". I kind of laughed thinking to myself "surely they are talking about skateboarding" (this is specifically addressed in the "article"). Nope.

If you need a laugh [or lesson], please check out this story. This shows the dark side of user generated content (and why Wikipedia is not a reliable source for your research paper). But you have to give credit to the person who could actually type the following line and still hit the save button:
If repositioning does not work, you may want to excuse yourself for a few minutes to let things settle down.
Bonus: it comes with Tips, Warnings, and a video tutorial.

2 comments:

RenderingRisch said...

Thank you for this. I laughed for a considerable amount of time. If it wasn't so graphic I would use it as an example of poor citations in class.

Jen said...

That is so funny!! Oh man that made my morning. Thanks Brandon!