Thursday, October 23, 2008

Exotic?


I came across this "pumpkin patch" on my way to work the other day, and finally snagged a photo of it.  Two things struck me about this particular location. 

First of all, the use of the term pumpkin patch.  Last year our family went to a pumpkin patch to pick out K's first pumpkin.  It involved getting into the car and driving 15 minutes into the rural outskirts of town.  Arriving at a family's farm and picking out pumpkins that were in a field, on the vine.  I hardly consider throwing down some straw on an asphalt parking lot a pumkin patch.

Second, the inclusion of this sign:


If you were driving by and saw this sign out of the corner of your eye, you might think the "Premium Exotic Pumpkins" were from Hondurus, Hong Kong, maybe even Holland.  Nope, the full sign reads: "Premium Exotic Pumpkins from Hollister"... WTF?
Hollister is two hours west of Fresno.  What's so exotic about that?!?!?!?

(BTW, I looked up exotic thinking I may have misunderstood its actual meaning... nope, the sign is just full of sh*t).

1 comments:

Natali said...

Is it bad that when I think exotic I think stripper? At least the pumpkins aren't taking off their clothes.