Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Winning Wednesday: Stuff White People Like



My parents got this book for me for my birthday and I have to say its pretty funny.  Its a satire of well... Stuff White People Like, and is writen as a guide for non-white people who want to make white friends.  While the target of the parody is the liberal white person, even moderate and conservative people can get a laugh out of it.  Consistently while reading the book I either laughed because I was "caught" or snikered to myself because "I knew exactly who he's talking about".  

Give it a looksy and I think you'll find it entertaining.  Included in the book are also fill-in-the-blank "form letters" to make it easy to bond with a white person and a few quizzes to help determine your "whiteness".  The book is written by Christian Lander, and he also has a blog called Stuff White People Like.

Links:

1 comments:

Jen said...

I have to share your opinion of this book. I kept picking it up while I was visiting you & Nat, and I cracked up everytime. The hubby is DEFINITELY getting one for Christmas.