Monday, December 29, 2008

Baking: Take the good with the bad

My wife has found a new love for baking. This holiday, batch after batch of delicious treats and confections have rolled off the stove and out of the oven. My tough job is that someone has to "test" them and verify that they are of "gift-giving quality".

Unfortunately for me, I am responsible for keeping the kitchen clean (since we both work full-time, and I admit I slack sometimes). So I present to you:

One of the many reasons I love when my wife bakes (the picture doesn't do them justice!):



And the only reason I hate when my wife bakes (not really though):


3 comments:

Mrs. V!! said...

That end mess is exactly why I don't bake at all! :)

Natali said...

I was going to leave a snide comment like, do the dishes daily and stay on top of them and it won't be an issue- but alas, we both know you could say the same thing to me about laundry. So, I'm just going to go eat a piece of fudge.

Brandon said...

For the record: The kitchen was cleaned the evening prior to this picture.