Monday, December 29, 2008

Meet my nemesis at work



I'd like to introduce you to my nemesis.

"It looks like a chair" you may say. Not true. It's a torture device that tests ones resolve and patience disguised as a chair.

First of all, when I sit down on it, the "lean back" lever kicks out and basically throws the chair forward almost knocking me on to the ground.

"Why don't you just sit down more carefully?" Because I shouldn't have to think just to sit down! Secondly, the "lean back" lever likes to randomly pop out, usually choosing the moments when I have a mug of hot coffee at my lips.

"There are probably a ton of other chairs, why don't you switch?" The chairs in the office are kind of a mishmash and are not all the same, so if I take another person's chair, they'll know. The extra chairs have terrible lumbar support (wow, I sound old).

So I basically have to make the choice to either have a sore back or look like an idiot. I have way more experience with the latter.

4 comments:

Natali said...

Based on the photo, it is my assumption you are essentially sitting on the nemisis' nose. If a butt sat on top of my nose- I'd try to kick it off too.

Brandon said...

@Natali: Touché. In my defense, that's what 30 seconds in MS Paint looks like. :)

Wayneovermyhead said...

you should threaten a workmans comp issue to get a oversized yoga ball to sit on!

Brandon said...

@Wayne: But then I'd have to worry about Jim popping it with a pair of scissors!
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5jcWt0vH-M)