Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cereals of the future



The other day as I poured myself a bowl of Marshmallow Mateys (a pirate themed generic knockoff of Lucky Charms), I snickered to myself. Its strange how some of history's most notorious villains are now plopped into everyday life as children's mascots of sort. A few centuries ago pirates were feared for raping, killing, stealing, etc, and their eastern equivalent, ninjas, were a group of secretive assassins. Yet today they are cartoon characters and even heroes in some cases. Don't get me wrong I still think ninjas and pirates are cool, but it makes me think: what will the children of 2200 eat for breakfast? Nazi Nuggets? Facist Flakes? Klan Krisp?

I guess only time will tell.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Haha! I literally laughed out loud when I read this one. Nazi Nuggets and Klan Krisps did me in. And I hate to say it but the Klan Krisps probably would catch on with certain groups here in the south...

Anonymous said...

Cad Tech Tater Tots