Sunday, September 7, 2008

I killed a mountain!!!!

One of my favorite games is Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, its a first person shooter based in modern times with modern day weapons. Back in August I even got to go to the game developer's studio (Infinity Ward) and had a chance to meet their Community Relations Manager (Robert Bowling AKA: fourzerotwo)
When we have friends over we often will play a few rounds of multiplayer. One of my friends doesn't have an Xbox 360 and usually gets owned pretty badly when we play (he's getting better as he gets more time on it) and as we razz him about it he usually barks back that he's "actually fired these weapons!" (He's an MP in the Air Force).
This past Saturday I got a call from this buddy, asking me what I was doing on Sunday. I thought he was going to invite me to golf and hadn't played in a while, so I told him I wasn't doing anything in particular and would be down for whatever. He then proceeds to invite me to fire off some automatic weapons and riffle mounted grenades... wait... did you just say riffle mounted grenades!?!?!? Um... Hell Yeah I'm down! So we get to the range and I'm told I'll get to fire two types of light machine guns (LMGs) the M249 SAW and M240 as well as an M203 grenade launcher mounted on an M16. Good times. All in all I squeezed off 200 rounds on the M249, 400 rounds on the M240 and 5 M203 rounds.

There's more pics and video here.

2 comments:

undermind77 said...

I would have looked so much cooler. . . sigh

Jen said...

Hey since when are you a Staff Sgt in the AF? :) Looks like you had some good "man fun".