Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wanted: your input

With my recent acquisition of Rock Band 2 and the update to the Zune, I had a bit of a nostalgic flash. Listening to some of the songs on the RB2 soundtrack brought back some fond memories of hanging with friends in high school, spending ridiculous amounts of time at the movie theater, playing Goldeneye 007 on the N64, swimming until we were raisins... ah good times.


But the music... that was the stuff that tied it all together. Whether it was The Verve Pipe's "Freshman" playing on the radio, listening to The Offspring's Ixnay on the Hombre album in my friend's car while bumming a ride home (I got my license after HS) or the "pocket call" I got from my friend Winston as he was singing Blink 182's "What's My Age Again" at the top of his lungs while he was driving, it was all good.


My question to you is: what songs do you remember rocking out to in high school? I want to make a play list of tracks from around 1994 - 2000 (yes I know that's more than 4 years I attended HS from '94/'95 - '98/'99)? Let me know in the comments!

ETA: Here's the updated list. Class of 1999 Track List

8 comments:

Natali said...

The Refreshments- Banditos, The Batman Forever soundtrack, Green Day (you know which album), The Cranberries! hehe, Nirvana- Smells like teen spirit, The Cardigans, Better than Ezra- Desperately Wanting, Waterfalls by TLC...Rollercoaster of Love by RHCP...

Anonymous said...

Lets see...

Alice and Chains "Rooster", Megadeath "Truth" & "Symphony of Destruction", Better Than Ezra, Everclear... there are so many that make me remember those times driving around in my VW.

BTW - So you're Ignium, I was wondering if that was someone I knew.

Timmy said...

Third Eye Blind's self-titled album, Motorcycle Drive By, Graduate, so many good songs ...

Anonymous said...

AH! You have stepped in to the realm of my expertise!I must say great minds think alike... "cause i got a list of 200+ songs with artist and titles such as...Tonic-You wanted more, Blur, Reel Big Fish, Lo Fidelity All Stars-BattleFlag, Harvy Danger-Flag Pole Sitta, The Bloodhound Gang, Beck-Where it's at, Cracker-Low, Sponge-Plowed, Lit, Beastie Boys-Sure Shot, Might Mighty Bosstones, Lets go Bowling, Save Ferris, White town-your woman, Sapce-Female of the Species, Jill Soble-Ugly Girl, Lucious Jackson, Garbage,Toadies, Barenaked Ladies, Korn (spelled with a backwards K), The Eels', King Missile, Cherry Poppin' Daddies, Brian Setzer, Orgy, Spacehog, Our Lady Peace. I could go on and on but that should get you started! Enjoy! Oh yeah... and bring money for BJ's!

Brandon said...

@Twan: Dude! Great minds indeed! I pulled Reel Big Fish, Blur, and some of those other ones out of nowhere!!! GREAT list man! But where's the Bush?

Unknown said...

megadeth-rust in peace
Primus-pork soda
The cure-standing on the beach


I came
I saw
I commented

Jennifer Hanson @ Wuthering Iris said...

Just for the record.....I will always beat you at Goldeneye 007. :) hehe

Brandon said...

@ Jennifer: Um... I asked for suggestions not delusions! :) Next time you come to California you can stop by and get pnwed again!