Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What is that sound???




Back when we purchased our house we realized we needed some new furniture to go along with the new digs. Since we now had a house, we figured we'd get some "big people" furniture (i.e., made of REAL wood and didn't have to be put together with an Allen wrench). So we went to the local furniture store and picked out a nice three piece sectional that we liked. In the sea of boxes that was our living room the first few weeks, we unwrapped the furniture from its various boxes and proceeded to arrange them to our liking. When we opened one of the boxes a billion silica beads exploded all over our floor (apparently a bag had opened up, and the bags were about the size of a Mac and Cheese box). I tried my best to clean it up, and then continued my furniture moving duties as my wife "supervised" the correct positioning. Every time I moved the chaise it made a kind of scraping sound on our floor. I thought there was a rouge silica bead and just ignored it. Since then our furniture had never been rearranged. Last night the wifey and I wanted to snuggle up and watch a few episodes of Heroes, but neither of us wanted to assume the "parallel to the TV" position", instead opting for the "feet toward the TV position". So we compromised and rearranged the furniture (don't worry, the whole time we were moving stuff we were commenting on how silly this was). We removed the center piece and pushed the chaise and love seat together and watched three episodes. As we were going to bed, we moved them back into their proper position and again the chaise made the scrapping sound. We both thought it was the scheming silica bead and thought we should dispose of it so the little one wouldn't eat it. I tilted the chaise and found nothing, so I flipped it on its side and... WHAT THE?!?!? I found this...










It was like a buried treasure and my curiosity just couldn't take it. I had know idea what it could be, Pandora's Box, pirate treasure, a hidden stash of the mob's money?? I unzipped the pouch with the glee of an eight year old on Christmas morning and...










oh it was the feet of the couch.
I continued to flip each of the pieces and each had an identical pouch all containing four feet, four bolts, and an Allen wrench. Not quite as cool as pirate's gold, but better than Pandora's box. All this time we thought the sectional just sat on the ground. Oops!

0 comments: